Tuesday, January 24, 2012

2012 Goals

Not really resolutions, per se, but I do have some goals for this year. And I know this is late in coming but we've been busy. Seriously, my main goal is to get January over with and to never have another month like this one. Other than that, here's what I want to accomplish this year:

I want to run a race each month, March-November. I'll start with a little 5 miler in March and work my way up to the Niagara Falls half marathon in October again. I'd like to find one when we go away for a weekend here or there as well.

I'm only reading books that we owned on January 1, 2012. I'm doing this because we own way too many books that neither of us have ever read. It means that I got a lot of books for Christmas (some more than once) but I should still be able to make a dent in the unread shelves this year.

Baseball. Hopefully the husband and I will make it to at least 2 MLB fields that we've never been to. Pittsburgh and Toronto are on my list since they are so close. And I want to hit several games here in Buffalo. Bring on summertime!

I want to cook more. And bake more. I'm open to ideas as to what to learn to cook. And if you're close by I'm more than happy to share my successes.

And I guess I want to be a better person. I should love more and genuinely care about others. We'll see how that one goes.

2 comments:

Lempskies said...

Well, I'd send you a cookbook to help w/ the cooking goal, but you wouldn't be allowed to read it this year so I guess I'm no help.

But good luck- hope it's a good year.

Megan, John and kids said...

Good goals. I've never been good at making goals, but I feel that I really need to improve in certain areas and it's nice to have some sort of measure. I think the running plan sounds great. If you have any particular cooking successes, please share via blog for those of us who don't exactly live close by.