- Hearing the National Anthem twice today, once played by the Navy band after the race. I also thoroughly enjoyed hearing it before the race, when 13000 runners spontaneously started singing along.
- The little white girls whose t-shirts read "Kenyan in Training."
- The dude who had "Boilermaker virgin" written on his back. I guess the husband and were too. Glad we lost that together.
- The Mile 5 Popsicle stand. There were some at the end as well.
- Getting beaten by both my nearly 65 year old FIL and the husband with gimpy toe and a gimpy knee.
- Accomplishing something I set out to do at the beginning of the year.
- The shower I enjoyed upon arriving home.
Sunday, July 10, 2011
The husband and I ran the boilermaker 15k this morning. We woke up at 4am to get the race in time to pick up our numbers and all that. Here are some of the highlights: