[ri-zolv]-verb-to come to a definite or earnest decision about; determine (to do something)
It is the time of year when many of us make resolutions to improve ourselves or to change things we don't like. I'm not a huge fan of making New Year's resolutions because they always seem to be forgotten by my birthday and I don't like waiting for a calendar change to decide to fix something about myself. I figure I should make the improvements when I notice a problem.
But I do have some goals for 2011, things I'd like to have accomplished by the time 2012 rolls around. So here they are, in no particular order:
1. Run my first marathon. In preparation I plan on running a 15k with Husband in July. I've joined a gym so I can keep myself in some sort of running shape during these snowy months in Buffalo so I don't have to start from scratch when I can run outside again.
2. I'd like to learn to make schnitzel. We both enjoyed it the last time we had it (though this was at Disney World and I swear they could serve dirt as a meal and I would love it if it was at Disney) and I like to cook.
3. I want to have a cleaner house more often. I don't really like cleaning the entire house in a day, and want to spend some of each day tidying up so it doesn't get to the point where I have to spend an entire day cleaning.
4. I want to continue reading and learning. This one is easy for me because I enjoy both of these activities so much. I should probably work on doing this less so #3 can actually get done.
5. Eating better. Husband and I are already much better at this since we simplified our lives and moved to Buffalo. We eat out less so our portion sizes are under much better control and the food we cook is often much better for us that what we'd get at a restaurant anyway.
6. I want to get some photos up on this blog of our finished house before we sold it and of our apartment here in Buffalo, for comparison reasons. I should also quit procrastinating and update my other blog.
There are other things but this is enough sharing for now. Good luck to all of you as you try to become better as well. Here's to an excellent 2011! For now here's a photo from our trip out west last summer.