Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Birthday Extravaganza 2010-February Edition

One of the nice things about being childless is that Husband and I spoil each other more than we otherwise would. This is especially true during holidays and birthdays, and as the 31st anniversary of my birth is coming up, he has not disappointed. The gifts began last Friday.

Day One: Richard III dvd starring Gandolph. It is a great adaptation, though I admit that I am not a Shakespeare purist. I still love the Baz Luhman Romeo & Juliet.

Day Two: The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan. Because, apparently, I wasn't a picky enough eater before.

Day Three: Star Trek, the new film. Husband wins. I am a nerd. I play Munchkin with him (and win!) But my dad deserves some of the blame since I watched TNG with him growing up.

Day Four: Patty Griffin's latest album, Downtown Church. Not her best album, but I LOVE her version of All Creatures of Our God & King. And I'm hoping that with this new album, she will go on tour again, and maybe end up at Albany's The Egg again.

Day Five: Food Rules by Michael Pollan. I'm telling myself that the muddy buddies I made on Monday don't break Rule #6. Chex, chocolate chips, peanut butter, vanilla and powdered sugar. Five ingredients. And Rule #60 says we can have special occasion foods. My birthday week is a special occasion.

What does the rest of the week hold? We are going away tomorrow and I get to decide what we do. Which may include a giant cupcake on the actual birthday.

5 comments:

jlbunting.com said...

Happy birthday Wife of Dastew. I'm glad he got you some good stuff. We always think birthdays are difficult because we've already bought ourselves what we really want! Excellent choice on Star Trek!

Mia said...

Yay for being spoiled! I just looked at those Crumb cupcakes. If you get one, I might be so jealous as to dislike you for a day. And your husband for two b/c he didn't get one for me.

Jon and Chelle said...

yay! Birthday extravaganza's are the best! You should definitely eat lots of cake for me.

Coop said...

Happy Birthday :D

John, Megan and girls said...

Glad you're getting spoiled and I hope that the actual day is just as great!