Saturday, March 07, 2009

Nobody takes my thunder without a fight

Not to be outdone by his wife, Husband had to go and roll his ankle at churchball Thursday night. He came home, iced it and made dinner so I thought all would be well and I'd still be the pitiful one. Until he woke up at 5:30 the next morning and barely made it to the medicine cabinet for pain meds. A good wife would have gotten it for him, but I was just upset that he was encroaching on my recovery time with his stupid injury. All I wanted was four days of being taken care of.

He was in such pain that I *made* him go to urgent care before work. Not broken. Take that, Husband. I'm still worse off, even with my easy recovery. The most frustrating part for me was that he hurt his ankle and still played two more games. He should have used that as an excuse to come home and take care of his poor, lonely wife.

I guess its sister-in-law's turn to be the hurt one in the house. I hope she does something exciting.

8 comments:

Alissa said...

perhaps you could fake some seizures to get back in the limelight.

La Yen said...

The rule in our marriage is that if W gets hurt doing something stupid (church ball, extreme sports on a work day, paintball) he is on his own. I will barely come to the hospital to pick him up. Case in point: clavicle break while mountain biking when he was supposed to be at work.

You are a saint for putting up with this.

Smathers House of Girls said...

He left you for basketball in your hours of need? I would remind him every few minutes that he probably got hurt to learn a lesson. No leaving your should be being pampered wife.

dastew said...

But that clavicle kept him home from Afghanistan if I remember correctly so maybe that was for the best. As to me playing bball. I did it so that I could get skinny again and be worthy of my beautiful in shape wife. So in reality I was doing it for her. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Restless Mom said...

Wife wins.

Roy said...

Yeah, kinda selfish Stew. Plus, what self-respecting 30-something pays ball? That's just an invitation to injury. Or worse, ridicule...

Jon and Chelle said...

Jon hurt his ankle today too, though he wasn't playing b-ball, or any sort of ball, and since he doesnt know how he hurt it, I still had him mop the floor. That'll learn him.

jlbunting.com said...

You and all your friends/family are quite entertaining. I hope you are both recovering quickly.
(word verification is "outch", how appropriate)