Monday, November 10, 2008

Election Results

And here's the top five things that I've realized since the election ended:

1. CNN has the best news. This has nothing to do with their coverage. In fact it's all because Wife and Sister (the newest edition to the household) have major crushes on Anderson Cooper. And here I was thinking I was the only gray haired man Wife loved.



2. Somebody should tell the right wing commentators that false hope does not good reporting make. Honestly both Pat Buchanen and Bill Bennett were so dead wrong in their false optimism it was sickening. It was funny to watch them squirm as the results came in however.

3. The best news on television is the Daily Show. Hands down. Because they actually report News. Who knew.



4. BBC America should not have Americans covering the election. Honestly I turned it on to hear someone with a cockney accent make the election call not someone who sounds like their from Hoboken. BBC, you're cut.

5. John McCain should have ran his whole campaign with the tone he used in his concession speech. It was the John McCain I loved in 2000. Sadly to get the nomination he sold out to the establishment of the GOP and so could never speak with that tone in this campaign.

That said Obama delivered one of the great acceptance speeches of all time on election night. If he can govern the way he delivers this speech than America will be okay. As I mentioned on Dave's blog I loved the imagery of the "arc of history". Obama paints in this speech a wonderful picture of how he perceives the past and future of America. He points to an America that continues to grow. An America in which all people must play a roll to lift one another's burdens. It is a wonderful vision of a nation united for a common cause and a carrying a common future.

6 comments:

Jon and Chelle said...

Siss, you know you're old when your 'crushes' or no longer movie stars or rock stars...but news people. blah. Thankfully I'm not that old yet and still find Zach Braff and Orlando Bloom (not in elf form, in pirate form) totally hot!

museumeg said...

Anderson Cooper is definitely hot! And I really wish John McCain hadn't sold out. I wanted to vote for him in 2000. I'm ready for Bush to got so we can get to work!

Wife of dastew said...

He's just so dreamy...

Roy said...

Chelle, you and Summer and your crushes on Orlando Bloom (she prefers the elf version)...

Smathers House of Girls said...

I love Anderson Cooper too. I've seen him without his shirt on for some animal thing and it was pretty...very pretty. Did you know he's a Vanderbuilt? I probably massacred that spelling.

Kendra Leigh said...

Anderson Cooper is awesome. And my friend works for him. She's awesome, too...