Wednesday, September 17, 2008

New Political Quiz

Yes I know we haven't posted in forever. Yes I know this really isn't a good quality post. Yes I know that I'm going to burn in hell for all time because of my results on this quiz. Yes I know that you know who I support for the presidency. But honestly if an internet quiz tells me I match up better with one candidate than the other, of course I should vote for him. I mean the internet told me too.

Should I Vote For For President: Obama or McCain?


You match up well with...










Barack Obama - 67 match

While only having served in the United States Senate for about four years, Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) has electrified the presidential stage. Earlier this year, Obama defeated the much vaunted Clinton machine in the Democratic primaries, receiving 18 million votes, as Democratic voters flocked to the polls in record numbers. Unlike his opponent, Obama opposed the Iraq war from the start and is running his campaign on the theme of working together to fix the economy, provide affordable health care to all Americans, restoring the nation's moral authority on the world stage, and keeping the lobbyists and special interests out of the White House.

John McCain - 39 match

As a Vietnam war veteran and someone who has a record of bi-partisan work on issues like campaign finance reform and immigration reform, Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) has often won praises for his willingness to buck his own party on issues. Unlike his opponent, McCain is a staunch supporter of the war in Iraq, a social conservative who believes that the Supreme Court should overturn a woman's right to an abortion, and fiscal conservative who believes the Bush tax cuts should be made permanent and that corporate tax rates be further lowered.


Take the test.

4 comments:

museumeg said...

I ended up 73% for John McCain but I'm undecided on a few of the issues. Did that quiz seem to have a bias to you?

dastew said...

Oh it had a total bias. That's why I think it's so funny. I hope people don't use political quizes to decide their candidates. But then again I also hope they don't select their candidates based on what the news media says.

Cami said...

it's nice to see a post from you, stew :)
I had Barak at 84% and McCain at 22%, but I still don't like Barak . . . and I don't have time (behold my nose high in the air) to read his book

Mr Jo Bloggity said...

All I had to do was read the little blurbs that quiz provided about each of the candidates to see the bias.

Politics are... interesting.

I try to stay out of them until Nov. 5