Friday, September 26, 2008

Name Them One By ONe

Today I am grateful for/that...

...I can wear glasses when I don't feel like putting my contacts in. Granted my glasses may not be as cute as Sarah Palin's, but I am not as creepy as her either so, I win.

...sick days. Not mine today, but Husband's so he didn't have to go to work when he's sick.

...Starbucks hot chocolate. On a chilly, rainy New York day, this was a great lunch.

...I still have three Harry Potter books to read. I put so much effort into finishing a book but when I'm done I feel sad to no longer be engrossed in a good read. Fortunately this series currently seems never ending to me. But what shall I read when it does end?

...the computer is far from the tv so while Husband watches the debate I can be on the computer, unaware of the mess that is happening in Mississippi. At least I think that's where it was. I was finishing the fourth Harry Potter when it started so my attentions were elsewhere.

...Babies and puppies. And a ton of photos on the hard drive. Here's one:

6 comments:

Alissa said...

- Sarah Palin is so creepy.
- I like Starbucks Caramel Apple Cider... in fact, I know what I'm treating myself to on Monday.
-You have to read Stiff by Mary Roach ... fan-freaking-tastic.
-There was a debate tonight?

Roy said...

Nice stuff.
-I'm convinced Palin really is just Tina Fey as the mole in McCain's campaign. Have we ever seen them in the same room?
-Sick days make work worthwhile. Took one Thursday; baby threw up on me.
-Starbucks still freaks me out. If I never go there again...
-Summer has suggestions for your post HP days.
-I'm excited for Stew's post-debate entry. Don't let me down, man!
-Babies are cool; puppies bug me.

Jon and Chelle said...

That's the cutest picture ever. And, I watched the debate. Just goes to show how absolutely boring we are on a friday night.

Kendra Leigh said...

Wait... you have a baby?!
And after HP... Twilight!

dastew said...

No Twilight. It's a household rule. As to the Baby we're still looking for one to steal.

Smathers House of Girls said...

Jake got me started on Harry Potter and I ended up reading all 7 books in about a month. (Yes, I have a lot of time on my hands) I think I'm going to start on The Twilight series so I'm not the only person in the world not reading them.