Monday, September 29, 2008

I'm a Lumberjack and I'm okay!

Have you ever had one of those songs stuck in your head? You know the ones I'm talking about that have two or three catchy lines that repeat themselves ad nauseam until you feel ready to gouge your eyes out with hot pokers and pour lemon juice in the wounds? These are the songs that the artist make knowing full we'll they'll hate the song years later but that it will make them a ton of money in the short run. The songs that your 10-13 year old niece will scream at an ear shattering decibel when it comes on the radio. The most excellent example of this unmitigated evil is of course that diabolical anthem of hate known as "Mmmm Bop". Hansen of course being the triad of evil spawned from the lowest depths of hell to prepare the way for the Anti-Christ herself Hannah Montana (who is the unholy offspring of Satan and Billy Ray Cyrus I'm pretty sure).

Typically, with the exception of C'mon Eilleen and ManaMana, I'm immune to these songs (except for the fact that the aforementioned mmm bop is currently on repeat shuffle in my head). So you can imagine my chagrin Saturday when Monty Python's "I'm a Lumberjack" started replaying itself over and over again in my head. I was left with only one real option...to be that lumberjack.

From Lumberjack


Seriously though cutting down two trees isn't as hard as I thought and not counting my callouses and blisters I have no major injuries. Although I was a bit concerned when one of the branches I was pulling came free and knocked me over, with it on top. I cut it into pieces though just so it knew who was boss.

From Lumberjack


Side note: For some reason I feel a bit bad about cutting down the trees. Granted we have 20 more in my backyard but I feel strangely wasteful.



And I know you were thinking I must link to Monty Python's I'm a Lumberjack, but honestly how could I pass up Tina Fey's outstanding impersonation of Sarah Palin? I can't help but think what people around the world think of us.



8 comments:

Sleepless Tyrant said...

1) Mmm-Bop will always remind me of when I first heard it in the Burger King on the Champs-Elysses where it was playing on the video screen. I thought those three young blond girls were super annoying. True story.

2) Did you seriously know I'm going to be a lumberjack for halloween?? True story.

3) I was just showing the Sarah Palin video to Marylynn a couple hours ago before she fell asleep. True story.

Coincidence? I think not.

Alissa said...

the facial hair is just icing on the lumberjack cake.

Roy said...

Ah yes, Hansen. Where's the love? It's not enough, you know...
You make a good insane lumberjack. This will come in handy when you move to Canada. But why the deforestation?

Astrid said...

That picture is a little scary, but not as scary as Sarah Palin.

Coops said...

I'm just impressed that the videos you embedded are actually viewable from outside the States for a change :)

steph doyle said...

Great! Now I'm singing "I'm a Lumberjack!" aahhhh! I would rather listen to Miley Cyrus than the Jonas Brothers...which is what I'm stuck with - vomit!

you look like a lumberjack, well done.

jlbunting.com said...

you look scary, I didn't think lumberjacks are scary (think little red riding hood), but you kind of ruined it for me

John, Megan and girls said...

Stewart, not to scare you but there is a forest creature on your face in this picture and I think it is going to gnaw your face off;)
Oh, and this is actually John commenting for once instead of Megan.