Monday, September 01, 2008

Babylon AD and other musings

So Husband and I have seen some movies lately. First we saw The Dark Knight which was especially good. I just saw Batman Begins a few months ago so I was excited to see this one in the theater. I'm sure that just about everyone else has seen this one already so I wont' go into details on that. But Husband was in charge of purchasing the popcorn pre movie while I saved seats, unnecessarily. He got the large. I was eating movie theater popcorn for three days. Mmmm...

But then we both had Friday off in honor of Husband's 31st birthday and we decided to see the new Vin Diesel movie, Babylon AD. Now, I am of the opinion that when a person sits down for a Vin Diesel movie they are promised a few things. A sort of contract with Vin and the movie company. There will be explosions and shootings and more likely than not a shirtless Vin Diesel. And this movie did not disappoint. They even threw in a Hummer v. Land Rover car chase which was just like icing on the Vin Diesel cake. But it was noticeably short on a complete plot. This was not too much of a let down because I do not watch Vin Diesel movies for the plot. But the movie was only an hour and a half long and I (who does not like sitting through movies) could have used another half an hour if it would have clarified the plot some. It was worth the matinee price we paid and when it comes on tv I will watch parts of it again, hoping that the plot is, if not better, then at least more complete. I cannot say it was either good or bad, rather it was just incomplete.

On another matter, this is the sign in front of one of the seedy motels down the street from our house. And to think that I have been going to the Econolodge all this time. La Yen, I think this may go along with Isabel's Papsmears.

7 comments:

La Yen said...

I just loiked at my calendar and realized that we missed Stew's birthday. Boo to us.

And that RULES.

museumeg said...

Yikes! What exactly are they advertising there? And what is it about Central ave and the seedy motels?

movie buff said...

When they were making Babylone AD,i think they were trying really hard to combine the Fifth Element and Minority Report with Vin Diesel starring as himself

Jon and Chelle said...

Hmmm, Can we not stay there next time we come to visit? I can't even think of what they meant to write.

Coops said...

Loved 'The Dark Night', Haven't even thought about Babylon AD, but probably wait to see it at home, had to same feeling of 'too short' with Hancock. Some countries do eat 'Testes', so maybe they were appealing to an ethnic minority that might be visiting your locality?

compulsive writer said...

That's so awesome.

Moniker said...

Recently had one our volunteers fill out a record of their visit to a patient. They wrote, "Met the nurse, she was kind and genital." Had me laughing for days. Okay, I'm still laughing.