Monday, April 28, 2008

Eight Years Ago Today...

Here's some of the happenings from April 28, 2000:
  • It was the day before my younger brother Nathan's baptism
  • My older brother, Roy David, had brought his wife and infant daughter to PA
  • My grandfather and an aunt on my mom's side were visiting PA, too
  • I met my then future in-laws (ok, so I had actually met dad-in-law and brother-in-law & family the night before) as well as Stewart's mission buddy Eric
  • Standing outside the Washington DC temple, I listened to my mom tell me that I could still back out, but I didn't and
  • I married a great man who turned out to be absolutely perfect for me.
It's been wonderful ever since. For this anniversary I got Stewart something he probably never thought he'd get from me--me doing yardwork. I volunteered my efforts this past weekend and did it without complaining and together we ended up with eleven bags of lawn clippings. See, I must love him to do that.
We also got each other hydration packs for hiking and such and we're going to Montreal again in a few weeks. We learned that we need to wait until the foliage blooms up there before we vacation up north.

7 comments:

Alissa said...

Happy Anniversary. I need to blog about what Matt got me this year... I'm positively giddy over it.

dastew said...

Wow I was skinny....

Jon & Chelle said...

You 2 are totally old.

Roy @ CNM said...

Congrats! Stew, you were truly skinny in those mission pics from last entry. Sheesh. Makes me look like a chubby elder. And Chelle, 8 years doesn't mean you're old. Ten years, on the other hand...

Mom said...

You guys bragging about small numbers. Just wait until you are looking at numbers in the thirties.
Now that makes you feel old. (33 this year for pa and me.)

Justin said...

Congratulations!

John, Megan and girls said...

Congrats. Carolyn, I'm proud of you for not backing out, and frankly, proud of you for lasting eight years. Although I must say, you are perfect for each other.