Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Who's With Me?

This week's dream--cooking school in Mexico. I like to cook and since I am working on perfecting my corn tortillas I think I'm ready to enroll. Maybe a trip to Oaxaca where I can take a few days' worth of lessons. And get in touch with my ancestors-in-law.

I have tossed the idea around and the most usual response is disbelief that I would want to go to Mexico. People say that I won't even be able to drink the water there so why would I want to cook with it? I just tell them that I've drunk water from the Green River in southern Utah and I was fine. Lost 10 pounds overnight but no lingering affects.

So that's where I'm leaning to celebrate the big 3-0.

7 comments:

Jon & Chelle said...

OOh a DINKS trip to Mexico?? I'm in. I'll have to get a passport, it's about time, I'm 25 with no passport?? Ridiculous!

Mr Jo Bloggity said...

Go to Asia. Asian food rocks. Learn to cook that and we'll visit more often. :)

Roy @ CNM said...

I love this idea! I read recently about this town called San Miguel de Allende, about 3 hours north of Mexico City. It looks like a European city! Let's all go for Xmas this year! I can't stop using exclamation points!

Summer said...

Plus it's just fun to say "OAXACA!"

Jon & Chelle said...

I'm in for Christmas in Mexico. And as far as Asian cooking goes, I like this website: http://steamykitchen.com/

Wife of dastew said...

Get your passports and we'll go. Let's see who's bluffing.

John, Megan and girls said...

I'm all about that one. And, I noticed the masa harina and the tortilla press at your place and hoped you were perfecting corn tortillas. You'll have to share when you get here. Seriously, I'm all about the Mexian Cooking School. And I also have to add that I'm glad John and I missed the fateful green river water drinking experience.