Saturday, February 16, 2008

Plague 2008

If only I'd had the energy to recount the suffering I've experienced of late. I am currently in day seven of the plague. My hacking cough shakes me to the very core each time it racks my body. Like so many who have died of the consumption I hear the death rattle in my chest with every wheezing breath. I can only hope that somehow I will yet overcome....and that Wife hadn't given me her illness.

Alas I feel like this ancient warrior:


Well if I'm to lose this chess match I'd at least like my last earthly record to bring you joy, and what brings joy like penguins.
Boston Acquarium Faneuil Hall (Jan 2008)




Oh and some housekeeping. I just linked a couple new blogs, welcome Andrea and Becky. Also it was pointed out to me that Roy's not a Jr. so I've updated his blog name. Enjoy.

8 comments:

Roy @ CNM said...

1) It's probably just a cold. Suck it up and be a man.
2) Different middle name, so neither Jr. nor III. I'm an original. Check your facts.
Sheesh...

Kendra Leigh said...

Aquarium. A-Q-U-A-R-I-U-M. Aquarium. (use your spell check often?)

dastew said...

Haha. No I don't obviously. Anyway you can't make fun of me I'm sick. As to the Roy's suffix, I'm standing by my III. It's important for my next post.

Andrea said...

I'm not offended--I will be doing the same. Get better you wimp-it's probably bronchitis.

dastew said...

Yep that's actually what the doctor said. I'm just glad that the sinus swelling has gone down, that was pretty gross.

jlbunting.com said...

Thanks for adding my blog. I'm sure it was hard for you to link up with us red blooded conservatives. You should go read the joke my brother (Josh) put on his blog, although you might agree with what he had to say.

Tripp Family said...

Yes, penguins bring great joy... Get well soon.

John, Megan and girls said...

You have certainly brought me joy, Ingmar Bergman and emperor penguins. What else is there in life?