Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The day that changed my parents lives forever for the Better

So, since so many women seem to turn 29 over and over and over again I thought I'd give this age a try. So far so good.
My birthday weekend got off to a start by both husband and I being sick all last week and into the weekend. My dad came into town for Saturday and Sunday and assisted in the annual Carolyn's birthday napping. Seriously, he came all this way and took a nap on my couch. But we also had hamburgers and Italian food so all was not lost. And on Sunday night I made a Heath Bar cheesecake. I'm really into making cheesecakes lately and they are sooo good.
Stewart and I spent Monday up north eating cheesy curly fries and hotdogs (3/$1.49) with our friend John. My 29 year old stomach can't take abuse like that anymore. Then Stewart made me chicken pesto for dinner and our neighbors Dan & Wendy and their daughter Jocelyn came over for dinner and more heath cheesecake.
Today, the actual birthday, was spent back at work. Not a total loss because I work with people even older than I am and they get all upset when I tell them that I am 29 and life can't possibly be worth living after that age. Stewart and I then went to Barnes & Noble after dinner and we would have gone to Cold Stone except it was closed and I didn't want to go all the way in the opposite direction for ice cream when its already freezing in New York.
Thanks dad for coming up for the weekend, it was a blast.
And thanks Jen for the card. Hehehe, whale.

8 comments:

Alissa said...

happiest birthday's old lady...

Kendra Leigh said...

Wait a second. In all these years, how did I not know your birthday was the day before mine??? What kind of friends are we, anyway?

Kendra Leigh said...

Oh, by the way: Feliz Cumpleanos! (That's how they say it in Spain...)

La Yen said...

Happy Birthday! Start planning the treintenera now...

Coops said...

Happy Birthday Carolyn - SOLO skydiving next year? This time we'll drag your husband out of the plane kicking & screaming!? ;0)

Roy @ CNM said...

If you're 29, then I must be older than that, so let's just go back to the lie that you're 26 and I'm 29, okay?

I can see you and Dad celebrating by napping. I took a nice snooze in Sunday School this last week with my youngest son, so there's something to be said for family naps.

jlbunting.com said...

I didn't know you call him Stewart.
Happy birthday. How is it being 29? I'll be joining you in 2 weeks.
Becky

John, Megan and girls said...

Sorry it's late, but Happy Birthday anyway. Sounds like you had a great time. I'll have to remember the birthday napping tradition, I'd love to travel for my family's birthdays just to get a nice long nap.