Tuesday, May 08, 2007

The end of the world

There is a little known passage in the Book of Revelation (not Revelations no matter how much better it sounds) also known as the Book of the Apocalypse of John, which I feel is necessary to point out as I believe it means the world will end sometime before Friday.

The passage follows behind the bit about the "whirlwind in the thorn trees" and reads "and it shall come to pass that in the day of discord the idiot shall take up the circular saw and cut with seeming knowledge. Yeah he shall cut and nail and no harm shall befall him, and all will stand aghast". Or at least that's my understanding of scriptures.

(Please note that my understanding of the Book of Revelation is limited to some bad horror movies that I watched in the mid-1990s and Johnny Cash's "The Man Comes Around".)

Well as you can guess from that "quotation" the impossible has happened. Yes yours truly, the genius who managed to fall through his ceiling, was called upon to help put in flooring in a friends attic. Worse yet was that I was the one who "knew what I was doing".

I must admit that I was amazed that we didn't manage to injure, deface, or otherwise maim each other during this project. Still I have to be fairly confident that this is a sign of the End. So I ask you all to prepare all your things, say goodbye to your loved ones, finish watching your favorite season of the X-Files, for the rapture is HERE!

Now for music: Today we're featuring an outstanding artist from the Ivory Coast (Cote d'Ivoire officially). He'll be our second African artist here at usandcats, Tiken Jah Fakoli. Enjoy.

4 comments:

Alissa said...

someday, we'll need your handyman abilities...

Panini said...

cute new picture of you guys -- I love carolyn's hair

m3ng said...

My wife thinks I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to handywork. Yet, she insisted that spray-painting a rescued coffee table dark red would be fine, and who needs primer? That takes too long...

Panini said...

Still here! *phew*!