Saturday, November 25, 2006

Politics, Home Repair and Jock Itch, Part 1

Politics, home repair, and jock itch all share a lot in common. None of the three ever seem to end. None of the three are things that you want to talk about really. None of the three are things you really can get involved in without getting dirty.

Why is that? Why should politics be so dirty? Well in case you didn't pay attention to the last election I'll tell you the reasons. Politicians think people are idiots. No it's true. In lieu of telling us "Um we screwed up by starting a war in Iraq under false pretenses" they tell us things like this:
I wish you would have given me this written question ahead of time, so I could plan for it. (Laughter.) John, I'm sure historians will look back and say, gosh, he could have done it better this way, or that way. You know, I just -- I'm sure something will pop into my head here in the midst of this press conference, with all the pressure of trying to come up with an answer, but it hadn't yet.
--George w. Bush

Washington, DC
04/03/2004
after being asked to name the biggest mistake he had made


No seriously he said that! The reality is this my friends, we are ruled by a bunch of pretentious idiots who feel that they have a right to rule and not a responsibility to rule right. Because of this our country is the national equivalent of Arby's, good curly fries but not much else to offer. If only our politicians listened and looked out for us, we could be the national equivalent of a restaurant like Sabatino's in Baltimore.

Sidenote: If you're ever in Baltimore you must go to Sabatino's and get their bookmaker salad it is to die for!!!!!

You might think from all this that I'm pessimistic about the future. Truth be told I'm not. I believe that we have the chance for a new beginning. This past election put into the halls of congress many moderates who have a chance to shape America for the better. Making us a nation that doesn't just settle for curly fries and roast beef special sauce, but a nation that knows that there's nothing better than a properly done filet mignon. So let freedom ring and let's eat.

Sorry for the food analogies, I shouldn't write these when I have the munchies.

Song of the day: In keeping with the pro-American theme I'm going to recommend you look up American Dreaming by Dead Can Dance. Most of their stuff is a little too new-agey but this one song is one of my all-time favorites.

P.S. Check out some of our new blog links. Also I will complete the story of home repair and jock itch with my next posts.

P.P.S. Now aren't these just cute. Looks like our cat Lilly (full legal name Lillian Lilith Turner-Forbes, I tried to convince her not to hyphenate) is afraid it's going to rain inside.

3 comments:

The Cope Family said...

Who's running on the "Roast Beef Special Sauce" platform? We want to vote for them!! Matt's tired of explaining to everybody why he's an independent while they look at him like he's a nutjob. Is he?

The Copes

PS- How come there's still no link to our blog?!?!

SomePeople said...

Because someone lost your blog address. Leave it here and we'll add it.

Panini said...

right on! And good call with the Arby's comparision. ;) Thanks for leaving out the jock itch details.