Friday, October 20, 2006

Why we live here

This is why we love this place!!!!!

I don't have much to say since I blathered on and on yesterday. I just wanted to give you a couple of pictures to show you why we live in upstate NY. I took these while our friend Steve was visiting us from Utah. I was hoping to have more but the Park Ranger at Thatcher Park chased us out with a pitchfork when we tried to stay after hours. Anyway enough of me talking look at the pretty pictures.



This is the shot from near the top of the escarpment in Thatcher looking out on the Hudson River Valley. Nice huh?



And this is looking from one side of the escarpment to the other. They call this area the Indian Ladder trail because the local Mohawk tribes had a set of ladders they would use to get up to the top of the escarpment. Or so the legend goes.



This just looked cooler when we were up there. It was supposed to be a shot looking down the cliff but instead it looks like just some leaves.

The song of the day: Patty Griffin's "Mother of God" There's something about a woman with a good voice singing with a piano that I just can't resist.

6 comments:

Alissa said...

dude. who's baby?

and i hate you for reminding me of all that wondrous fall weather i'm missing down here.

Sina and Nate said...

To repeat the last comment...who's baby?

SomePeople said...

I've been telling Stewart that it's his but since people keep asking, I guess I'll have to come clean...

Panini said...

oh my gosh! you have a baby!! I had no idea! That's so awesome! :) I'm so glad I saw stew's post to this . . . now I can keep up better with you guys. It's so good to see you on here!! Cami

Panini said...

p.s. do any of the old roomies have blogs? anything unusual happened to anyone (babies, marriage, divorce, death, degrees . . .) :)

Panini said...

hmmm . . . baby's not yours, huh. ;)
Here's Krystal's blog: esperanzak.blogspot.com

She goes by Esperanza.

p.s. my favorite memory: *screaming* We Didn't Start the Fire

gosh it's good to see you!