Friday, September 01, 2006

Home Sweet Home

So here we are everyone this is the big group photo from the gazillions of peoples I mentioned staying at my house in my last post...there might have been a few fewer than a gazillion:


Ahh sweet relief! There's nothing like having a house full of company and then the quiet of having the house empty again! I have no idea what I'm going to do when we have children...of course as the Wife and I always say
"Our Children Will Be Perfect, So We Don't Need To Worry"
For example our children will never make noise during church--well except when we want them to so that we can leave during a boring talk. Another example, our children will always appreciate everything that we give them and never say "I want this" or "Give me that". I feel bad for those parents among you who don't have kids as great as ours...if any parents out there need advise on how to make your kids as perfect as our future children will be please feel free to email us. We have a mountain of ideas that we haven't been able to try out yet.

Now on to the main reason of this post. I wanted to say to everyone that came that I had a blast at our little reunion. There's nothing better than a bunch of old friends coming together to reminisce eat burgers and stinky cheese...

Which leads us to the point in the blog where I must publicly thank the first Frenchman/woman who allowed a wheel of cheese to start growing things and decided that, "well what harm can a little mold do?" Without that great and brave individual, the world would be a much less stinky place and we could not have gorged ourselves at the fount of creation in consuming the greatest cheese the world has ever known: Raclette! If you have not tried it yet I highly recommend it. It is the greatest thing known to man.

And now for some pictures...

This is our first photo (if I can get this stupid idiot friendly program to work) of dueling cameras:

This is between Eric and I. I think I won.

Next is a wonderful shot of everyone just standing around:


Last is another candid shot:


And now for our song of the day: "I'll Rise" by Ben Harper. Ben Harper is one of those artists that I wasn't sure what to think of at first. The more I listen though the more I appreciate him.

Finally we have a new feature: Recipe of the Month.
This is something the wife wanted me to add so she'll be picking out recipes that we've found/created/stolen that we want to share with friends and family. Today's recipe is:
Chicken and Spinach Soup
2 tsp olive oil
1/2 lbs diced chicken breasts (more if you're carnivores)
1/2 medium diced white onion
2 cups fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
1 1/2 cup skim milk
1 can low-fat reduced sodium cream of chicken soup
10-ounces frozen spinach
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 cup shredded cheese (fat free if possible)
A dollop of sour cream
Corn chips (santitas or tostitos)

Oil a large saucepan and cook the diced chicken under a medium high heat with the garlic. Once chicken is no longer pink (about 7 minutes give or take), add the onion. Cook until the onion turns translucent.

Stir in the broth milk, soup, spinach, and seasoning. Bring to a boil stirring occasionally. Reduce heat for about 10 minutes until flavors have blended nicely. Serve warm with cheese, sour cream, and tostidos.


Well that's it folks hope you enjoyed are little post. We'll talk to you in a week or two when I decide if I can show you photos of me "wakeboarding". Did I mention I'm a very fat man? Just curious.

2 comments:

Alissa said...

looks like a good time was had by all. now you're not just the idea man, but the party man, too.

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous. I wish I was there... So close and yet so far away... :( NOT TO THEMENTION RACLETTE!!!

--Tyler Jacobs