Saturday, August 19, 2006

Our First Post

Now let's see if I can figure out how to make this damn thing work. I've tried several times, who knows why, to start a blog. I'm hoping that my limited skills with the computer will be enough to help me make this idiot proof thing work.

Where to begin? Where to begin? Well I guess I'll start with the most recent events. We just got back from our exciting vacation. Yes, you've guessed it, we hiked Mount Everest...or at least I think I dreamt about doing that...okay I'm not even that exciting. However I think might have seen a picture of a mountain on the Discovery channel while staying in the hotel at America's premier tourist destination. Disneyland you guess? Las Vegas? Myrtle Beach? No. No. No. (although we did watch a bunch of CSIs which take place in Vegas) No I'm talking about the most thriving city in all of America. That's right, Syracuse, New York.

Oh you're all disapointed aren't you? Well fine be that way!

The Wife had a work conference so I joined her out there to mooch off her hotel room and free food. It was very relaxing although I figured something out about myself...I have a hard time letting go of work now. I actually had to fight off the temptation to call work every day we were out there. It was quite frustrating. What happened to the old me that could sluff off work whenever he wanted? Now he's replaced by this homeowning geek who long ago sold out to the Man. I hate the Man! He's ruined all my fun.

And another thing, I got sick on the Friday we were there. Getting sick on vacation is almost as bad as doing office work while on one. Here I'm trying to relax and do some outlet shopping with my wife and instead of being doubled over in pain because of the cost of clothes, I'm doubled over in pain trying not to blow chunks!

It reminds me of my worst Christmas ever. I flew home Christmas eve on Delta from Salt Lake City to Albany. This is back in the old days where friends and family could accompany you to the gate. Well my buddy accompanied me to the gate and we were waiting in line to buy some breakfast food from Burger King when he looked out the window of the airport and said "Is that your plane?" I looked out the window and sure enough at my gate our Delta 747 had smoke pouring out of one of its engines. I was quite upset by the sight but figured oh well I'm sure we'll be okay...after a two hour delay! So they get us a new plane and fly us out to NYC where we have about thirty minutes to catch our puddle jumper up to Albany.

Racing across JFK I caught my connecting plane and landed in Albany an hour later. Sure enough because of the short transfer time my luggage didn't make it onto the plane, but since I lived an hour north of Albany they said they'd drop it off for me the next day, being Christmas mind you, for free. Well that's nice of them I'd say.

Well it would have been nice except for the fact that the chicken they fed me on the flight gave me food poisoning and I was puking the entire next day!

The moral of the story is: "If you see smoke billowing from the engine of your plane just rip up your ticket and fly the next day, because it's a sign from God that you're about to have a bad day."

And now for our favorite feature (favorite because it's our first feature), the song recommendation of the day: She's Dead by Jim's Big Ego. The wife hates it but I think it's hillarious.

5 comments:

Alissa said...

delightful! I'm seriously giddy! I've already bookmarked you, so you'd better not disappoint. I hate it when I have to delete people...

Paris Soul Mate said...

And I believe the favorite feature is my favorite feature as well. Let me know if I can link people to your blog from mine.

SomePeople said...

Oh sure Paris you can always link me to others.

Ethan's Mom said...

I'll link ya on my blog one of these days.... when I get around to it.

And, I guess I'll keep readig your stuff too.

Ethan's Mom said...

Hey!! John posted as me! Punk.